Hopefully you find our presentation(s) and workshop(s) on election infrastructure and election administration insightful and useful. In particular, we were pleased to have Eddie Perez deliver his talk at DEFCON29 where he offered “additional resources.” And those are here!
Below is an on-going organic set of resources we think will be of most benefit to your new or continuing education and interest in the vital process of administering (and defending) our democracy. We provide the fully qualified URL for each so you can immediately see the source.
Most Recent Presentation/Workshop
Election Administration in the U.S.
Recent “Blue Ribbon Commissions” with Recommended Reforms
Voting System Certification and Federal Standards
- Preferred resources to come shortly provided by OSET Institute principal election scientist and OSET Institute Board Advisor, Dr. Philip Stark; however, in the mean time please consider:
- Evidence-Based Elections: Create a Meaningful Paper Trail, Then Audit, Georgetown Law Technology Review, 4, 523–541. https://georgetownlawtechreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/4.2-p523-541-Appel-Stark.pdf
- OSET Institute and Dr. Philip B. Stark March 2021 Testimony to State of Connecticut on Risk-Limiting Audits, https://trustthevote.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/10Mar21_Stark-OSET_CT-RLAtestimony.pdf
- Verified Voting, Post-Election Audits, https://verifiedvoting.org/audits/; Principles and Best Practices for Post-Election Tabulation Audits (2018), https://verifiedvoting.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Principles-and-Best-Practices-For-Post-Eleciton-Tabulation-Audits.pdf
- National Conference of State Legislatures, Post-Election Audits, https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/post-election-audits635926066.aspx