Today, the OSDV Foundation announced it will co-sponsor the 2010 UOCAVA Summit and serve as the Conference’s Technology Tract Co-Host for this important Overseas Vote Foundation premier event. This fourth annual event will be held in Munich, Germany 17-19 March.
Summit 2010 will constructively address overseas and military voting issues and challenges that we face today. And in light of the MOVE Act legislation, mandating a digital means by which overseas and military voters can verify and update their voter registration and (importantly) download a blank ballot for an up-coming election, the discussions, panels, and sessions will be livelier than usual and promise engaging important discourse on the implementation details of this new Federal mandate.
The event is open to all interested overseas citizen voters, members of the military and foreign services and their families, students, advocates, technologists, innovators, members of congress, election officials, secretaries of state, academics and members of the press.
There will be critical discussions and debates on pressing issues, new technologies, innovative outreach and more; and several TrustTheVote and OSDV Foundation officials and developers will be on hand. Topics will include:
- Impact of the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act
- Military and Overseas Voter Outreach Strategies for Success
- Experts Debate on the Issues around Online, Internet-based Voting for Overseas and Military Voters: Debate
- Focus on the States: Secretaries of State Speak Out on Overseas and Military Voting
- Reaching-out to New Overseas and Military Voters: Strategies and Actions for 2008
- New Strategies for the Future from the Federal Voting Assistance Program
- Invited Keynote Speaker: Senator Jim Webb, Virginia
Summit 2010 is a forum for collaborative innovation intended to stimulate the creative intellect of a diverse network to address the pressing challenges facing the millions of overseas and military voters today in ways that will bring real tangible outcomes. We believe it is a very important venue where attendees will have opportunities to see, touch, and try TrustTheVote technology under development to address the needs of UOCAVA voters.